Monday, April 6, 2009

I LOuVrE Paris!!!


What an exciting day!!! We got an early start by waking up at 5 am this morning to catch a train for the city of love. All of the kids made it to the station on time and we departed without any hassles. We arrived in Paris around 9:30 and started with a bus tour around the city.


1. Our first stop as you can see was the Cathedral of Notre Dame. We were pressed for time, so we Quazimoted through the cathedral very quickly, but spent enough time to get some great pics.





2. Our second stop was the Eiffel Tower. What an inspiring site. We learned a little history on the structure (I knew it had been built for a world's fair)... most Parisians did not initially like the structure and thought it was an eye-sore. Many religious officials were ticked-off that it was taller than Notre Dame. Regardless, it has grown on the Parisians and the world and is arguably one of the most recognized sites in the world. The view was absolutley stunning.





3. After lunch in the park, we hit up the Louvre. I can not explain how surreal is was to be standing in front of works of art such as the "Mona Lisa," the "Venus de Milo," and the "Raft of Medussa. The museum's outside was a stunning work of art also.





We finally made it back to Strasbourg around 10:45. Now I am going to tape my eyes open so I can watch my beloved Tarheels!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to hear about Paris! Definitely a place to go on my "bucket list". I'm curious as to whether anyone stayed up to watch the game with you? And what a game it was...practically flawless! truly deserving! They looked liked champions from the tip off. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! The other comment was typed by me somehow on Dave's account. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete